This is the privacy notice of Campingsecrets.co.uk. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Campingsecrets.co.uk .
1. This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
2. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
3. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
4. Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
5. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
6. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Your personal data
We do not and never will collect any personal information about any visitor to campingsecrets.co.uk
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Via Google we have access to statistic identifying the general geographical location of our readership, and which pages they read and links they click on. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
We additionally provide affiliated links for purchase of selected products at supplier websites. Some of these sites may set cookies for a certain period, so that if you make a purchase within a certain time frame, campingsecrets.co.ukt will receive a portion of the sale. The affiliated links listed on campingsecrets.co.uk enable the product supplier to identify that the purchaser of the product was directed to them via campingsecrets.co.uk. There is no personal information involved in this process. As stated above, campingsecrets.co.uk does not have access to any personal information from any of it’s readership.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.